The Nagase Application Workshop (NAW) is home to specialized equipment and expert staff capable of conducting raw materials analysis, application development, and final product formulation for plastics and coating materials. This organization is responsible for technological development, incubation, and technological training. The NAW continues to pursue surface decoration and functional properties in the fields of plastics and coatings.
Overview of Labs at the Nagase Application Workshop
Formula design by expert technicians, test production of compounds (mainly via twin-screw extruder), test production of molded plastic products (via injection molding), physical property assessment using various evaluation equipment
- Twin-screw extruders (15mm/18mm/26mm)
- Henschel mixers
- injection molding machines (80t and 110t)
- T die extruder
- press molder
- analytical equipment (thermal analysis, FT-IR, etc.)
- physical property measurement equipment (tensile strength, bending, shock testing equipment, HDT testers, etc.)
- computer color matching system (CCM)
Coating and ink formulation by expert technicians, test production of coatings and inks using various processing equipment, physical property assessment using various evaluation equipment.
- Dry type paint booths
- Disperser (paint conditioner, horizontal/vertical bead mill)
- UV curing system drying ovenn
- Environment testing equipment (xenon WOM, SUV weathering test equipment, salt spray test equipment, constant temperature/humidity oven, etc.)
The NAW serves as an incubator for new business development within the NAGASE Group, receiving expert staff from divisions and affiliated companies on a temporary basis. This increases the speed of business development through the effective use of technical support available through NAW facilities and staff.